Roger & Crystal JohansenThanks so much for your prayers:
We have had a month where Roger has taught Intro to Missions. Praise the Lord for the 20 students who sought to learn more of our great responsability to reach the world for Christ.
Praise for Crystal’s surgery going well. The day we were waiting in the hospital room; just before the surgery, Crystal and I were enjoying a view outside the window of the ocean and suddenly there was a huge rainbow that dipped right into the ocean. It was just a nice reminder that God is always faithful to His promises and it gave courage to Crystal as she remembered that even though we felt very alone in the hospital God was and is with us!
Praise the Lord for 20 yrs of marriage, we celebrated in Gramado a city in the mountains of southern Brazil…they actually can get snow every once in a while. The picture is of us at the entrance of the European influence town.
1. Recovery from surgery for Crystal
2. Youth visiting from Cside to have a very good impact on the church here and there for missions
3. Youth retreat coming up in June 15-17, that God would work in the hearts of the youth
4. Salvation of Fred and Emanuella
Thanks so much for your prayers and cares,
Bryan & Danyel WarnePraise the Lord with us for His many blessings. Travis Jacobs came down for a week in May tp work with Brian on the house. We also enjoyed a refreshing week in the “cool” mountains while serving Calvary Baptist Church in Show Low, AZ at their Missions Convention. Calvary will be sending a missions team in the fall to assist us with the construction of a needed outbuilding that can be used to for classes and housing future missions teams
We are “mostly” living now in Mochicahui (not fully moved as we are still finishing construction). Several men from Countryside are interested in coming down later this month to help finish the interior of the house.
Iglesia Bíblica Palabra de Cristo in Mochicahui received two new members, Martin and Martha, who began attending as a result of last fall’s dental missions outreach from Countryside.
Brenda and her twelve year old daughter desire to be baptized (which probably will happen this month using the small baptismal sized pool that came with the house).
We have also had excellent question and answer interaction through our current Wednesday night series on the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
Pray with us for the Lord’s work in Sinaloa:
- Additional servants from Countryside or New Life to make plans to join us this month to finish the housing construction. Anyone interested can contact Pastor Mike or contact me personally by email or our U.S. phone line to Mexico (913) 712-9275). Ladies are welcome as well to help Danyel with painting and preparing meals for the men who come down. If it works out better for some to come at different times that is fine as well.
- Making of specific plans for those who have already decided to come
- Strength and maximized time while finished construction alongside preaching/teaching preparation, counseling, and other ministries.
- Amy spending part of her week’s still in Jahuara 2 home schooling Rebeca and selling baked goods in the town market
- Pray especially for Danyel and Amy as we transition to life in Mochicahui.
- While it is a wonderful blessing to finally be able to live in the community where we are serving, Jahuara 2 is the place where we raised or children since they were nine and twelve and it has been our home for thirteen years.
- Resources for completing housing construction.
- Salvation for Norma and her three sons (our new next door neighbor who attends the church) and continued building of evangelistic relationships in our new neighborhood
- Father’s day teaching and activity (Mother’s day is the most celebrated holiday in Mexico, but even acknowledging Father’s day practically nonexistent)